Saturday 17 January 2009

New doors to revolve around

I am really puzzled at the behaviour of people. Ofcourse we all put labels on individuals we meet with regards to the way they treat us and sometimes simple intuition does this for us. I always thought i was good at intuition but some people come disguised.

After a really bad relationship, one that almost stripped me of my own identity, i am trying to understand why i behaved the way i did. I cannot comprehend how blind, stupid and just plain on naive i was...now that i have healed....yes i have i just can't believe what i went through...and it was all avoidable. All i had to do was leave. Love make one do crazy things...that's the only way i can explain it. However every lesson is a blessing, i now know what i don't want in a man. He came into my life for a purpose i suppose and had to go when that was fulfilled. I am grateful that period of my life is gone and lessons have been learnt. Life is truly ironic.

I have put my demons to rest, actually I've caged them and thrown away the key but the memories remain. I must say through all of this i found GOD. He made it possible for me to see smiles instead of frowns, i with his grace lifted my self off the hole i was starting to get attached to. Now i feel like i can begin again but i don't know how.

So here i am, with a blank slate and a huge black marker.

10 comments:

  1. I so much like the way you told this story. I hope you are over all the experience. One thing I do know is experience like this makes us stronger and it helps us understand the plight of other people going thru same situation.

    You my dear is a survivor

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait a sec! is it every chic whose had issues with relationships that always ends a post with "i found GOD"

    or is it just me?!
    lol!

    stuff happens in life we cant control. sometimes we cant even control ourselves. u cant blame urself (u can but...) we gain sm we lose sm, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol @ Teebay, yes we all end up with God, so you guys better watch it as you don't know what we pray for...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank God u found God (yes o)
    love ur blog already, and thanx for stopping by mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is always the ultimate shoulder to cry on. Will be following your blog too

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey i am glad you found God. stick with him though. he makes everything else matter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. standtall
    Thanks a lot...those words mean a lot xx

    teebay
    hmmm...you berra watch it...all my prayers have been coming to action...do u want to grow an extra arm somewhere painful???

    afro
    warn him for me girl!

    omoteedlaw
    awww..you're too precious, thanks for stopping by xx

    Dabizniz
    True words spoken bro

    Tisha
    He so does..am definately sticking to him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. as long as u let God, He will fill the blank slate for u..

    lol @ teebay..silly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did some stupid things in my last solid relationship..Whenever I rmb dem..Am always kind of..Did I did dat..It wasn't me..
    Love do make us act somehow,we cant explain.Is just an experience babes..
    But the bottom line is learning from it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This guy
    Send me his addy
    For two reasons
    (1) Thank him, for helping to spawn such a gr8 blog-he should be flattered.
    (2)I know a guy in miami who can .... him up. My guy is highly recommended; he does a really good job. He'll even send you pictures as a sorta souvenir/proof of job 'execution'-If its okay with you, that is...
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Show of hands